A cryptocurrency wallet is a software that is a digitally secured system that stores all the public and private keys used for transactions.
In simple terms, it is an application for sending and receiving digital currencies between blockchain network parties, carrying out crypto payments, and check the balance as well as transaction history.
As it monitors and manages the cryptocurrency assets, it makes the whole transaction process safe and easy.
A Custom cryptocurrency wallet development is a way of creating tailored solutions that guarantee user data security and system reliability. It is clearly designed to offer a chance to level up the digital transactions for personal use and integration it into your business setup.
Now let’s briefly discuss the types of cryptocurrency wallets. if you are not familiar with wallets, read this.
Five different types of crypto wallets
A Crypto wallet is simply a combination of a private key and a public address. You can categorize crypto wallets based on how and where you store them.
- As the name suggests, hardware wallets are built on a hardware device specifically for handling private keys and public addresses.
- It is like a USB device with OLED screen and side buttons to navigate the wallets’ interface and comes with its native desktop applications for different digital currencies.
- Most of the hardware wallets allow users to store more than 22 cryptocurrencies. The cost of this wallet is quite high but it definitely worth owning them when the safety of your cryptocurrencies is concerned.
- A paper wallet is not for all the users because they are quite complicated, need some technical knowledge to operate them, and requires a high level of caution from the user.
- Typically, In the paper wallet, you just print your private keys and public address on a piece of paper and start transferring your crypto coins on it.
- It is considered as the best cold storage wallet as it keeps your private keys offline. These wallets render you another secure way of storing your cryptos, but not all digital currencies offer paper wallets.
- Desktop wallets are installable software programs that are available for most of the desktop operating systems such as Mac, Linux, Windows.
- As it is installed in your PC that often connects to the internet, you need to follow the basic security measures by installing software like antivirus, anti-malware, and a strong firewall.
- Mobile wallets for cryptocurrency are the most used wallets right now in the digital market. Users just need a mobile with an internet connection to perform trading.
- This is mainly because they are handy and also easy to use. It is compatible with both Android and iOS platforms, and for less popular ones, you can expect a decent Android version, at least.
- Web wallets are also called online wallets that are always connected to the internet and can be accessed through different internet browsers such as Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, etc.
- The private keys are always stored online in these kinds of wallets in your browser itself, and in some web wallets, they are prone to security attacks.
We have deliberately listed the different types of crypto wallets in order from safest to less secure types of wallets.
Features of cryptocurrency wallets
- Two-factor authentication
- Push notification
- QR code scanner
- Automatic conversion rates
- Detection of a false address
- Paper wallet development
Now you might have known that the crypto wallets are an integral part of using digital currencies. They are one of the necessary infrastructures that make it possible to send and receive funds through blockchain networks. Each wallet has its own pros and cons, so it is crucial to understand how they worked before moving your assets. You can also approach a cryptocurrency wallet development services company for its developing services.